will male guinea come home

cody8466

Hatching
6 Years
Dec 30, 2013
I had 2 female quinea hens and just got a male I had him locked up for 2 days and today he got out and went across a field and to a house a good ways away. I was wondering will he come back to the hens eventually. I tried to catch him no luck. I can hear him from my house so Im sure he hears my hens.

welcome-byc.gif

If the hens are calling, he may come back. Do not pursue him or he will leave again. Try to get him to enter an open pen or even a box trap with some feed. Chasing him will only scare him more.

Hi,

When I got my guinea's I clipped their wings until they got use to their land surrounds, I have never had to clip again and I have never had a problem with any of them leaving. I kept them as routine as possible would guide them to their enclosure before night fall and this was time consuming at first, but now they just go in at night themselves and on the odd occasion one goes up in the trees at night.

Clipping their wing certainly helped and allowed them to familiarise themselves. If I was to get anymore, I would do the same thing and its not a forever thing the wings do grow back reasonably quickly and by then they are happy and settled...this may be something you may need to consider if he comes home, just to keep him there :)

I hope he comes home soon :)

Back
Top Bottom