Will momma duck move her eggs around before they hatch?

I actually just ordered one and it should be here tomorrow! Do you think i should put them in when i get it set up?

I think you're brilliant!!!
Get it up and running. Do not trust any of the gauges it comes with or has on it. 99.99999% of the time they are wrong. Doesn't matter what kind, get you're own gauges and calibrate them yourself. Pet stores have great reptile humidity gauges and I use stick thermometers for the kitchen. Get those at the grocery store. You can calibrate those very easily. Get 2-3. Make sure you get the ones that calibrate from below freezing to boiling. A salt slurry will calibrate.
What kind did you order. If I don't know it, I can tag someone that might, if you want tips.

And putting the eggs in is up to you. With a predator issue and momma leaving the eggs to get cold, I personally would incubate in the bator. If you leave an egg or two with her and she hatches them, you might be able to sneak in the ones you hatch, back to her for her to raise. If she doesn't hatch any, you probably won't have any chance of her raising them. You'll have to set up a brooder.

This one will be new to me. Last one i used was a little giant but it wore out to quick being Styrofoam. I already have the brooder set up. I just bought some ducklings today! Should i put all the good ones in or leave some with her and chance it. I also have 2 more Pekins, 1 male 1 female, an indian runner and a male mallard that share a pen with her. I was waiting for some hatching signs so i could separate the pen but if i incubate the rest of the way i have the other ducklings to raise them with.

WARN A PERSON WHEN POSTING THAT MUCH CUTENESS!!!!!!
I'd incubate all of them then. Just try to leave it running as long as you dare to make sure it's stable. (Before putting eggs in)

Last edited:
I have no clue what the brand is. But as for the babies, i believe there is at least 1 runner and 1 pekin. There are 6 babies all together. One looks like a cow lol. And 2 are like an olive green color with chocolate legs! I cant wait to see what they look like grown!

Back
Top Bottom