Will my button boy be ok?

little-beep

Songster
Jan 9, 2022
Too long a story, but he somehow got out of the pen, must've been flying around the room and whacked his little head... been about 7 hours now --- if he had a concussion I'm assuming he'd be real sleepy right now but he seems to be really hyper instead ? ...poor little BABY. Didn't want to touch it a lot so I just dripped water over the wound. I'd hate to hurt him by rubbing or cleaning it and all my medical supplies are buried the trunk of my car.

Keep him clean and warm, and he should heal up just fine. I would keep him separate until he's completely scabbed over so the others don't pick on him.

If you can, use an ati-bacterial wash without pain killers (some pain killers are toxic to birds).

Keep him clean and warm, and he should heal up just fine. I would keep him separate until he's completely scabbed over so the others don't pick on him.

If you can, use an ati-bacterial wash without pain killers (some pain killers are toxic to birds).
Thanks for the help - He seems to be doing pretty well and I think since he's the "top bird" the others don't bother him.

Back
Top Bottom