Will My Cracked Egg Still Hatch?

I cracked one of my mallard duck eggs on day 12 while turning eggs as that batch was in a non auto turner. It was quite a long crack but nothing seeping out etc so put nail varnish on even though I had assumed it wouldnt make it now.
Well the little guy just hatched today (day 28) so just thought I would say to anyone in doubt - clear nail varnish trick works having now done it and succeeded first hand! Wahoo!
Good luck fellow egg-crackers!

I recently used hot glue and a square from a plastic bag to repair a hole made in one of my chicken eggs because I accidentally dropped the incubator lid on it. This happened around day 16, and the chick survived up until hatch day, when it proceeded to try to zip in the middle of the night, get stuck, and mostly suffocate. I woke up and helped it out, but it was too late and "Crash" died anyway. Still, it proves that hot glue and plastic are apparently a viable way of repairing cracked egg shells.

So glad I've stumbled upon this thread. We had a mishap with two eggs around day 13. The membrane was still in tack so we melted wax on them. Now we are almost day 23. Should we remove wax to allow for them to hatch. The eggs had movement up until lockdown. Cannot tell now if there is any or not.

So glad I've stumbled upon this thread. We had a mishap with two eggs around day 13. The membrane was still in tack so we melted wax on them. Now we are almost day 23. Should we remove wax to allow for them to hatch. The eggs had movement up until lockdown. Cannot tell now if there is any or not.

congrats on it getting this far!
kinda depends on where it is, how much wax, and how thick/solid it is. But most likely, I'd just leave it. can you post a pic?

My mom removed thick ball on this before responses came back. Guess we watch and wait now.

Attachments

• 20170530_155624.jpg
    20170530_155624.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 16
Chicken? Just keep an eye on that membrane that it doesn't dry out too much. You can use a dab of vaseline or coconut oil to moisten it, if necessary. Good luck!
Thank you! Yes chicken eggs. We do have one mystery egg in bator that the kids found. It did not float so we thought we would try to hatch it. Believe it's a mallard egg though. It is a wax like egg.

I have a little bantam egg my hen was sitting on and I didn't know to seal it. I'm not sure if its moving, matter of fact none of the eggs seem to be moving. Help, please!

I have a bantam egg that has a crack, I didn't know to seal it so I just left it. I can't see it moving I don't know if it is alive, matter of fact none of my eggs seem to be moving. Help me, please!!!

Back
Top Bottom