will my goose follow me around?

Quote:
Geese sometimes become fixed on objects. I had one that became fixed on my roll out garbage tote. In my area we have garbage pickup once per week If you pay the fee and roll the tote out to the road. I noticed the goose would follow me out to the road and had to be herded back to the backyard. What I didn't know was that it would return and sit beside the tote all day and attack the men when they tried to dump it the truck. Finally I
came home to a full tote with a note taped to the top that the guys would no longer try to pickup the tole if there were any geese around as they were sick of being attacked. Thats how I learned the joy of taking my own trash to the dump while I was paying a rental fee on a tote that the goose would not let go anywhere without her. Soon after that Invested in some nice wire fence and quit free ranging my birds:D

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

My gander likes my winter boots, but not that much
big_smile.png

[email protected] :

Do any of you goose experts have any ideas on how I can get my geese to live at the pond instead of the pond being an excursion?? We want to put a floating house out there but currently they won't go there without me or hubby...

OP - you will learn, didn't mean to take over your post... jenn

I had one that stayed on the pond most of the day...she was raised with some ducks. Obviously, the ducks loved the water, and would stay there all the time, so she just naturally took to the water with them. Every evening one of her duck buddies would walk her 'home' to the yard, and she would sleep near the barn. Then in the morning she would go back to the pond with the ducks when they came up for breakfast.​

I agree with everyone else. Mine follow me around all the time. I hold them, pet them, and talk to them. My dh thinks it is funny because they talk back. I have a picture but I forgot how to attach it to my reply.

Quote:
Geese sometimes become fixed on objects. I had one that became fixed on my roll out garbage tote. In my area we have garbage pickup once per week If you pay the fee and roll the tote out to the road. I noticed the goose would follow me out to the road and had to be herded back to the backyard. What I didn't know was that it would return and sit beside the tote all day and attack the men when they tried to dump it the truck. Finally I
came home to a full tote with a note taped to the top that the guys would no longer try to pickup the tole if there were any geese around as they were sick of being attacked. Thats how I learned the joy of taking my own trash to the dump while I was paying a rental fee on a tote that the goose would not let go anywhere without her. Soon after that Invested in some nice wire fence and quit free ranging my birds:D

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!

My gander likes my winter boots, but not that much
big_smile.png

At what age do they begin this obsession? jennifer

Back
Top Bottom