Will my guineas follow me if I bring them outside

Camry08

Songster
Jun 26, 2020
I have two guineas both around five weeks old. They like to sit on the rim of their bin while I clean it but today while cleaning they both flew after me when I went into the kitchen. They let me pat them and pick them up no problem (they keep accidentally scratching my face when jumping onto my shoulder). I haven’t brought them outside before and I don’t have a pen or anything. What are the chances of them staying with me?

They very well might stay with you unless they get spooked, and then all bets are off.
I agree. With such tame keets, they will likely be terrified outside and want to stay near you. However, if they get scared enough they may fly into a tree and be hesitant to come back down... Do you have a sheltered, fenced area that you could start with? What are your eventual plans for these keets?

I agree. With such tame keets, they will likely be terrified outside and want to stay near you. However, if they get scared enough they may fly into a tree and be hesitant to come back down... Do you have a sheltered, fenced area that you could start with? What are your eventual plans for these keets?
These keets were more of a rescue sort of deal I'm currently trying to find them a good home. So that means no fenced-in area :(

Back
Top Bottom