will my oegh pick on my chicks?

Lunafarmchickens

Songster
Sep 12, 2017
Hi! I just got chicks a couple days ago, they are not ready to move into the coop yet (I don't even think they are a week old) but I wanted to be prepared for what is to come. I have 2 coops each are non free roam and they have pens. The large coop has 15 standard laying hens. The other smaller coop has 2 oegh (old english game hens), a silkie hen, and a silkie/bantam Ameruacana roo. My chicks are pekin (or bantam Cochin) and silkies, so they will be going into the small coop. What I'm concerned with is that, I know that game hens are very feisty. They often try to fight the roo who is 3 times their size. Will they bully my chicks? They'll probably be about the same size when they move in, but I know that pekin and silkies are very docile. Also a little concerned about my roo, although he smaller than a standard roo, he is the biggest one in that pen. He probably weighs about 3 or 4 pounds, and he could probably hurt them if he wanted 2. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thanks for reading!

Here's a pic of him next to the silkie hen. Does he look to big?

Attachments

• 20180225_132527.jpg
    20180225_132527.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom