Will my pigeon abandon her nest if I touch the eggs?

Qualien

Songster
May 9, 2018
I'm fairly new to pigeons, and my pigeons have started nesting. We are about 16 days in. I'm scared to touch the eggs though because I've read that if you touch them the pigeons will abandon their nest. I handle my pigeons daily, transferring them from their over night cage to their day time flight cage, and I've been transferring the pair in and out, the male goes out at 7:30 am and comes in at 10:00, the female sits from 4:00 pm to 10:00 am. This way they both get exercise, and both have access to food and water day, and night. I have been wanting to candle their eggs, and I didn't know if I should try with the next batch or not. (Not with this one since they are so close to hatch anyway.)

I'm fairly new to pigeons, and my pigeons have started nesting. We are about 16 days in. I'm scared to touch the eggs though because I've read that if you touch them the pigeons will abandon their nest. I handle my pigeons daily, transferring them from their over night cage to their day time flight cage, and I've been transferring the pair in and out, the male goes out at 7:30 am and comes in at 10:00, the female sits from 4:00 pm to 10:00 am. This way they both get exercise, and both have access to food and water day, and night. I have been wanting to candle their eggs, and I didn't know if I should try with the next batch or not. (Not with this one since they are so close to hatch anyway.)
No worries. They won't abandon eggs.:)

Back
Top Bottom