Will NOT be buying TSC feeds again

I was using TSC food also. But have stopped. When I was using it I didnt notice any difference in smells but I did notice that their poop was alot more runny. The TSC food was a little bit less per bag but its worth the price difference to me.

I was using Ranch-way feeds then bought something else (I don't know what, it was in bulk & portioned out) and now have 100# of the RWF again. It comes from Fort Collins, CO, so it's almost local for me here in WY. I had been tossing the idea of going to a TSC and stocking up for at least 6 months on items we need, but am thankful to have read this thread. Luckily I found last week, a feed store that just ROCKS (it's only 1.5h away)!!! I called in the stuff I wanted & Hubba paid & picked it up when he got there (they had it pulled & waiting). Said a teeny tiny little gal hefted it over her shoulder & asked where his car was, LOLOL.

"THANKS" I've not used the TSC food, but nticed the same symtoms or results w/Orscheln food I bought 2 for 1. Not such a good deal when you consider the end results is it? Prior to this I used Kent brand, xtra egg, 16% from our local elevator. After this stuff is gone I'm going back!!
Thanks for the post! MIKE

I have gone back to the Blue Seal as well. Everyone seems much more active and lively than when on TSC feed. I will admit though that the reason I switched back originally is taking 3 kids into TSC to get 6+ bags of food evey other week was a nightmare. Now I just run into the local feed store and pay and they load it. Tons easier.

Blue Seal seems like a good brand too bad I can not get it here. What I did buy first time was from a food mill out of KY called Burkmanns. There chicks starter is fine ground and makes a great mash. They do not have a grower but suggest you add corn to make starter 16% grower. I do not think I will do that as I am not a fan of that much corn for feed. I rather add another grain instead like wheat or barley.

I am lucky in that what grows natural here is some great herbs and hays like plantian and red clover plus wild wheat. I am harvesting clover off my rock driveway that is not used. Ofcourse doing bag is alot easier than harvesting feed for winter so I want to find a good bade for that reason. So TSC is out for me as a source as all there feed are Dunmor. Thank goodnes our Co-op is closer than TSC. It is only 6 miles away and TSC is like 15 miles.

We don't have any TSC stores in this area and so I don't have to worry about buying their brand. I have not heard of Blue Seal. I believe most feed stores in this area sell either Purina or Nutrea. (Spelling?) I have used both. I am still new to this and need to figure out which is better. My oldest chickens are about 12 weeks. I have read comparisons in some other threads and am leaning towards sticking with Purina.

I think I will call around in the next few days to some of the other feed stores to see what brand they sell. This Blue Seal sounds interesting if it is available in this area (probably not). There are lots of feed stores within 20 miles of my home. Some of them have their own custom blend. I have some time because there is probably about 50 lbs of feed still in the feeder (it holds about 150 lbs) and they are not eating it very fast right now due to the weeds, grass clippings, etc I am giving them. I try to give them some fresh plant material in their run every 2 - 3 days. They get excited when they see me coming with an arm load of greens.

Back
Top Bottom