Will NOT be buying TSC feeds again

Dumor really does make their poop really smelly.
hmm.png

I would love to get my chickies some good food, but I really dont know what to do with all of the starter. Not even half of the stuff has been used yet!
The next time I go to get them food, I will be sure to purchase a different kind.

Check Yellow Pages under Feed Store. Also look under stables and call one they will know a local source. Alot of tack store for horses carry feed they might have chicken or can order it. Always ask if it can be order for you many places will put it in with there main order.

My choices here are the TSC ((which i bought a new bag of feed there just two days ago.) I'll check the chickens and see how their poop is.. lol.) and the local overpriced hardware store across the street from my house. I have just upgraded their food from starter to the next stage. I was wondering if pellets or the crumbles are better. I bought the crumbled. They eat it. What is the difference for them?Is one better for I have yet to learn?

For those looking for Blue Seal feed. Look for Kent or Evergreen. They are all part of the Kent group. I work at a small feed, seed, and fertilizer store and the Kent feed salesman told me several years ago that they are all the same company, just call it a different name in different parts of the country. I use the Kent feeds and they are all excellent quality.

We've been purchasing our Purina Start and Grow from a smaller feed store about 25 min from our home. Since this site has had so many testimonials for Blue Seal, I googled Blue Seal to see where the nearest dealer would be for me. It's the local (15 min drive) Tractor Supply! Go figure. If all you have near you is TSC, you might be able to ask for the premium (better) chick food.

Funny thing is i never had any issues with TSC feeds

Then i found out that there chick starteer was unmedicated and I wanted them on medicated..
roll.png

but it worked fine for there first 4-5 weeks of life

~Bryan

I forgot that one. If you go to a feed manufacture website they have a dealer search on it. It is a great way to find out who carries it. I did that for my sewing machine when I moved to the new state and county. Thanks for reminding me of that newchicksandducks.

Our TSC will not bring in any thing by special order. They say they only get what is shipped to them. That means Dunmor only. I tired it with the cat food for they use to care the Diamond cat then stopped and now carry another. They still carry the Diamond dog so I asked about the cat they said no only what comes in on the truck. My cats will only handle two food brands lucky I can get the other when I can not the Diamond.

I shall check the Blue Seal site see what comes up. Our nearst city is 35 mins away so I might get luck that way.

Purina sells more bags of poultry feed than any other manufacturer. And yes they do mill the Dumor feed for TSC. It is good feed. Usually all of my birds are fed the Dumor 20% Starter/Grower and have never had any issues.

Back
Top Bottom