Will NOT be buying TSC feeds again

cybercat

Songster
12 Years
May 22, 2007
Greeneville, Tn
I come from a breeding dog background. I know what good food is and the ratio to input to out put should be. The feed I was feeding before had no smell and little waste return for amount eaten. (sorry not a national brand)

TSC chick started on first day feeding I noticed a odor in my brooder room that was not they before I changed feeds. Now the chicks poops have enlarge massivly like 4 times what they were. They have only been on the new feed 2 whole days. That is way to much output/waste for a good feed. Which means for the cost (Tsc is the more expensive) I am better off buying my other feed for more of it is digested instead of wasted. In this case wasted is filler that is not digested but just passes thru.

For those that have a choise this info is for you. I know not everyone is lucky in that they have more than one place they can buy feed at. But checking online for a local place or your yellow pages for a feed store before buying at TSC is worth it trust me.

I buy feed from our local feed store, they actually put it in the car for my DW. It is Purina, I did try the TSC brand and was not impressed with it, but I did not notice any smell though either. At least no more than normal. TSC charges $2 more than our feed store, I would have thought they would have been cheaper.

I also only buy from my local feed coop that is a family run operation for over 25 yrs. now. They too will carry all your feed/supplies out to your vehicle and load up your hay for you too. They have excellent quality feed at a good price too. I love it there. We just now got a TSC a few months ago and no one (that I know) likes it like they do Stewart Bros.!

I buy from the local co-op in town, I pay inside and go outside and they load it on the P/U for me. I bought 3 bags of Natural choice lamb and rice dog food, and NONE of my dogs will eat it.At TSC it $40.00 a bag, almost fell over. Sat all three dogs down and told them, hey guys, eat the dog food or starve. Now my pitt will eat some of it if she gets to starving and I still have 2 bags in the shed for her to eat
barnie.gif
marrie

I will not feed Purina either for it to Me is unbalanced since it is a veggi diet only. Since I am working with a duel purpose breed I want that meat protien in it for their growth and feather. I have done alot of research over the years on feeds for animals and those like chickens that are ominvours need both veggi and meat proteins to be at there best.

Since I am raising these heritage and they will be totally free ranging (no fenced in yard) I want thier diet now to give them the optiomin growth for when they get out there. The only time I will have to feed here is in the winter.

Unfortunatly our coop starter is very low on protien. It is 17% which I thought was way to low. I will be checking around for some game, waterfowl or turkey feed which has the better protien and not the ones with the meds in it either. I expect that I will be mixing feed for winter from the coop that meets my wants for them. Till then I will just finish this TSC then go back to what I was using before till they are outside.

i currently buy from the feed mill for a lower price but started on TSC food. I didnt notice any difference but others have mentioned on here in the past that they noticed the same things you did.

The only problem i guess i have with tsc is the prices, I went to country max and i got cracked corn and layer pellets $5 cheaper each. we do have a local farm supply and i love them but i also have to save money so now its going to be country max for most of what i need for now and my farm supply for my other bag.

I never realised the prices would be cheaper at a local food coop I will have to check it out, just as long as my girls are getting what they need

I just switched from TSC (Dumor) to my feed stores Blue Seal and I LOVE IT! I too have noticed a huge decrease in the amount of waste and I'm getting 4 times more eggs in my layer flock on the Blue Seal Egg Maker, than I was on the Dumor Layer 16%.

And my feed store also loads my car for me.

love.gif

Should have switched sooner. The Blue Seal is a dollar more than the Dumor but SO worth it!

I currently have a new batch of chicks that are the first chicks I have started on Blue Seal and they are so much more healthy and active than any of the chicks I started on Dumor.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom