Will our broody ever eat or drink

Yeah I also agree with @sourland, I currently have a broody hen and she won't get off the nest to eat, drink or poop. 1-2 times a day I close up the door to the run/coop so the other chickens cant get in and interrupt her. Then I put her in the run (where the food and water is), and block off the opening to the coop so she doesn't go back to her eggs. Then I set a timer for 15-20 minutes and make sure she eats, drinks, and poops before I let her go back in. It's been working pretty well. She is still a little skinnier than usual but doesn't seem unhealthy or alarmingly thin.
Thank you. I’ll do that.

I had to take my broody bantam off the nest because she wasn’t getting off when I fed them... Also is it odd that her sister bantam is broody in the same nest?? There are 4 nest boxes but they are in the same one with each other? Ideas?

I had to take my broody bantam off the nest because she wasn’t getting off when I fed them... Also is it odd that her sister bantam is broody in the same nest?? There are 4 nest boxes but they are in the same one with each other? Ideas?
It seems odd yes 😂. Mine do the same thing. I had a little broody streak with three getting used to it. They all tried the same nest😂😂. I stopped two out of 3. But I still get hens trying to lay in my current broody's nest:

(I have 5 nesting boxes :lau )

Attachments

• unnamed-1 copy.jpg
    unnamed-1 copy.jpg
    793.1 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom