Will Oxine kill the Mother in ACV?

Germaine_11.20

Songster
10 Years
Jun 6, 2009
Idaho
I am wondering if Oxine will kill of the Mother in Apple Cider Vinegar? I am rinsing with Oxine and have been adding ACV to the water and realized that perhaps the Oxine is killing off all the benefits of using ACV. Any opinions?

Same question but with Acidified Copper Sulfate? Will it kill the Mother?

Can Oxine and or Acidified Copper Sulfate be used in combination with ACV? Thanks, I hope I get a few replies.

I'm trying to figure out what the Mother is.
hide.gif

Yay!!! Thanks for answering. The Mother is what makes the organic Apple cider vinegar so good. It is the living organism that breeds the beneficial goodness in there. I don't know if I said that right but the "Mother" is important and I don't want to kill it.

And I don't know if Oxine or Acidified Copper Sulfate will.

I would not mix Oxine with AVC, copper sulfate or anything else.

It can be activated with citric acid for cleaning, but not for drinking. Unless you know what the results would be , I would not chance putting anything else with it.

If you want to use AVC or copper sulfate, clean with Oxine, let dry, then rinse before adding.

Thank you very much. I know I have read recently that Oxine and Acidified Copper Sulfate can be added in very small amounts to drinking water to keep the slime down, Although I can't remember the source as i have been reading alot!

If you would not use these for that purpose can you suggest another option?

I am getting some major green stuff in there.

Once again, thank you very much for the answers. I guess I will alternate days then of ACV and Oxine. Kill the bad stuff and promote the good. Anymore input is always welcome.

I agree with Elite Silkies.

Use any of them, but not together. Alternating is good.

Whatever you do, don't mix Oxine with Vitamins & Electrolytes (because of the citric acid).

Quote:
Allen wranch, I didn't use the oxine with the citric acid because I couldn't find the info on how much to put into the oxine. Is it necessary for it to work?

Can you tell me how much citric acid I would need for one gallon or 5 gallons (which ever is easier for measurement purposes)

I do have the citric acid, I bought it from a separate source online.

Back
Top Bottom