Will She Get Lonely?

serama hen

Songster
7 Years
Sep 9, 2012
Nothern New Jersey
Hi i got a little ayam kapan and she is sitting alone in the attic i wanna get her some eggs to sit on but she is molting and the day is very short so i doubt she will go broody. She has a little house food and freshwater i go up pet her and talk to her but will she get lonely or sad i know birds get lonely fast. Can she stay alone till spring or at least till she gets broody. Also people say you are torturing an animal when you take them from their home and they will be sad is this true did i destroy her life with others she left behind. Will she be sad am i torturing her

I think "torturing" is too strong a word for this situation. But I do think your little hen would be better off if she had a companion. Chickens are social animals, so solitary living could cause her some stress. Is there any way you could get another hen to keep her company?

I think "torturing" is too strong a word for this situation. But I do think your little hen would be better off if she had a companion. Chickens are social animals, so solitary living could cause her some stress. Is there any way you could get another hen to keep her company?
x2

Back
Top Bottom