will someone "lend" me a hen picture and help me make a carton label?

All chickens are pretty though
tongue.png

Last edited:
chickenssept122008020.jpg

chickenssept122008050.jpg

chickenssept122008068.jpg

Just let me know if you would like to use these and I can send you the file. Thanks!!
wink.png

I love all the gorgeous pictures! My labels are done. I made a very simple document in Word. Wish I had a fancy program in which I could be much more creative, but honestly, I don't have the time to learn it.

If anyone wants a copy, I can e-mail it as an attached Word document. If you like it, you can edit it with your own information and pictures.

I chose a picture of a Buff, which prints out well on the parchment cardstock I am using. I might make another version with the cute white leghorn on the nest, since that will print out better on white paper or cardstock, and use up less color ink when it is running low (thinking of Dad, here.)

I will cut them on a paper cutter and use spray glue to attach them to the top of the cartons, hope that works as it will be quick.

He is going to get a big kick out of them!

Thanks, all! Smooches!

Tiramisu, your girls make me smile each time I look at them, especially that last picture! We should have a caption contest for that one!

Sequin....gasp! What breed are those gorgeous girls? Your photos are better than the ones in my catalogs, because I have never seen that play of light and color on the black feathers in the catalog pix!

Hi, Sterling, my computer literacy is not there...yet. I had to ask, just last night, how to post a topic so I could ask the question! Yikes! I have it in a Word document, so if there is a way to do it, I'll post it. Or I can send it to someone in an e-mail attachment so they can post it. It came out pretty good, not like a serious label on a commercial egg carton, but fun and easy....

Hee hee... thanks sooo much!! I am very proud of my girls. Those are my Black Australorps. They are such a fat sassy bunch - and to my joy, they have kept their cute fuzzy butts. I love that they are healthy and glossy. Thank you too, for your kind compliments. They have such clean housing(I am a little picky about that) and they love getting to free range.
love.gif
I put so much into them, care wise, I really Really appreciate it when others notice it as well. So, thanks again!!!
ya.gif

Congrats on getting your dads labels done, I KNOW he will just LOVE it!!! My dad loves stuff like that too, and keeps these things close to his heart. He still has a silly little poem I wrote about seagulls at a beach house Years ago in a little momento book. I never even knew he had it until about a year or so ago when he showed me how much it ment to him. You are Very thoughtful - and I know well the great feeling it brings to do something like you are doing for your dad. Let us know his reaction, k?!!!

I made a template for labels using the picture Attack Chicken posted. (such a perfect Pic!) It can be printed on Avery Label # 8768. best way to get it to print is by using the free Avery DesignPro program from the Avery web site.

There are other ways to get it to print, but the free software is extremely simple to use. Here is the link if anyone wants it. Avery Download

I just made funny little saying for this one, but a farm name, address, phone number or whatever else anyone wants can easily be added.

Here's a pic of what the one I made looks like. Anyone with that Avery program can make their own very like it using that free software and Avery labels.

Label_m.jpg

Adorable!!! My trip (11 hours in the car
hmm.png
) is next week, and I will be bringing a bunch of cartons with the labels attached. My father just e-mailed me a picture of his first egg, they are so eggcited!

Thanks for the tip of using Avery, I have many packages of their labels for my business, I will check out the software. I didn't know you could insert a picture!

Back
Top Bottom