Will the post office call?

I stopped in a couple days before delivery and gave them my name/address/phone number and asked them to call ASAP. They were really good about it and called me at 6:30 am. They let me come pick them up before they even opened. I think they like to get those noisy birds out of there as soon as they can!

the gals at our local post office (very small town)get as excited as I do and they look forward to them. They call me and I go to the back service door to pick them up. I have even had the postlady come visit them. Of course, it is essential to have to phone # on the outside of the box whether it be eggs or chicks.

Update!!! I called Ideal 6:00am my time and they said the chicks shipped today 4/23. I just stopped by my local post office and gave them a heads up.

They were so funny. I really don't think they have EVER had chicks shipped there before. I told them to call as early as possible when they arrive.

So know I'm keepeing my fingers crossed!!!!!
fl.gif

Is waiting for babies a good reason to take a day off of school? My students won't mind, Right???

My friend's wife is the postmaster at the local PO so she always calls me or my chicken buddy to come get them, depending on which one of us is off work. It's nice living in a little town most times!!
wee.gif

I let the PO know when the chicks were supposed to arrive, and gave them all my phone numbers. It's a small PO, so a box of 27 chicks made a LOT of noise. They called me early and told me to come take the noisy box away!
lol.png
They left them on the front counter, where they could peep all they wanted!

Back
Top Bottom