Will the sound of gun shots kill my day 12 quail eggs

Lucky20

Chirping
Feb 16, 2021
So I’m going shooting with my family and I have 5 day 12 quail eggs in my bra. They are doing amazing! So bouncy and huge compared to the growth chart I’m using. I don’t want them to get a mini heart attack while I am there. Don’t worry about vibrations with me because I’m just gonna use my little 22 long rifle. I will barely shoot anyways. But my family has some pretty beefy loud ish guns and I was wondering if it will kill them. I am bundling up aswell because it will be windy and kinda cool.

So I’m going shooting with my family and I have 5 day 12 quail eggs in my bra. They are doing amazing! So bouncy and huge compared to the growth chart I’m using. I don’t want them to get a mini heart attack while I am there. Don’t worry about vibrations with me because I’m just gonna use my little 22 long rifle. I will barely shoot anyways. But my family has some pretty beefy loud ish guns and I was wondering if it will kill them. I am bundling up aswell because it will be windy and kinda cool.

Your question is so far out of my wheel house I wouldnt know where to start. First I lack the necessary equipment to test the theory.....no tatas on me to try to incubate with.

I know that noise affects them, chirping for example, but I....you might be the first person to ever have this question :)

Uh... I doubt that the sound will kill them. If you're really worried, maybe you could put some padding around them -- wrap them in a little bag full of feathers, or something.
Good luck with your bra-eggs.

Uh... I doubt that the sound will kill them. If you're really worried, maybe you could put some padding around them -- wrap them in a little bag full of feathers, or something.
Good luck with your bra-eggs.
I candles them and all of them are super bouncy and look amazing! I do hope they will hatch!

No; they'll be fine. Air can't transmit sufficient energy created by gunshots to damage the embryos. At least not if you're not standing with your chest near the muzzle or brake of the firearm. Practice good range safety and they won't be affected by your day of fun. Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom