Will they all hatch at once?

Mgrace717

In the Brooder
Sep 28, 2020
I have a hen that began setting and today she had one hatch but no more. She is still setting, do I leave the one chick under her or remove it and raise it? Will she just let it hang out under there until more hatch? What if that takes days? This is my first time raising them with a hen

don’t remove any of the chicks.I’ve only hatched out chicks once under a hen and they hatched out over two days but can take 3 days after the expected hatch day. Mama should stay on the eggs regardless if the others hatch over those few days

don’t remove any of the chicks.I’ve only hatched out chicks once under a hen and they hatched out over two days but can take 3 days after the expected hatch day. Mama should stay on the eggs regardless if the others hatch over those few days
Ok thanks! I wasn't going to remove any eggs, but is the chick ok under there if she continues to set another few days? I don't think she has been getting off the nest the past couple days for food or water? Will it survive without while she finishes setting?

This is normal. Until she gets off the eggs do nothing. If she gets off eggs, and you want them to hatch, have an incubator ready.

Back
Top Bottom