will they still hatch????? help :(

Mrs Stumpgrinder

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 24, 2009
South Carolina
I set my batch on 3/10, I candled all the eggs before lock down and they looked fine, moving and wiggling
fl.gif
... and now not even a pip. I heard a peep yesterday. I watched temp ( 100-101 ) and the humdity (59 - 64)

I set the batch in a auto turner and layed them on their side for lock down... would that make a difference?

I don't know what to do
he.gif
hu.gif
any advice will be welcome

Nancy

It's not too late yet. Is this a still air incubator? If so, where in the incubator did you measure the temperature? I have hatched that way many times (auto turner, then on side) Did you lockdown on day 18? I have had some hatch as late as day 24.

I'm on day 23 with silkie eggs......one hatched during the night and another one hatched at 6:00 am. I got to watch it come out!! Coolest thing ever!!!!!! Still have 3 that haven't done a thing.

Ive seen it take 26 days! I had a set take 25. I wouldn't worry yet! Just keep everything good and give it a lil more time. As long as the temp and humidity are good they should come along soon. I know its hard, believe me. LOL
I also tap on the glass and cheep at them to let them know someone is waiting on them. LOL Some times I even gently shake the bato to simulate the hen moving eggs. It usually works when all done together. My DW thought I was Insane, then i caught her doing it too! LOL hahahaha

Good Luck and God Bless!

Thanks bigstack! That's good to hear.

I seriously need to stay away from the eggs. There was a spider type crack on the outside of one this morning, but then nothing else happened for a couple hours. I got too anxious thinking it may have drowned or something so, like a fool, I started fiddling with it. I got a small piece of shell off, and with a needle, I carefully slit the membrane to see inside. There was movement, but then there was a blood too.
he.gif
I sure hope it's not bleeding out inside the egg now.
hit.gif
I have learned my lesson.

Back
Top Bottom