Will this be warm enough for 3-5 week old chicks?

MiMito3

Songster
Jan 28, 2022
Winter Park Colorado
I have ten chicks between 3& 5 weeks. I want to move them into a well insulated coop with 2 sweeter heaters and a heat lamp. Using sand for the litter so not much danger of fire. The nighttime temps are 30-40. Will they be warm enough?

I have ten chicks between 3& 5 weeks. I want to move them into a well insulated coop with 2 sweeter heaters and a heat lamp. Using sand for the litter so not much danger of fire. The nighttime temps are 30-40. Will they be warm enough?
Once they are all fully feathered they will be fine. Once temperatures outside are around 70 degrees the chicks won’t need it. It all depends on your location and what breed your chickens are. The ideal age is 6-8 weeks for no longer needing a heat source. It’s best to wean them off the heat rather than just remove it all at once.

Once they are all fully feathered they will be fine. Once temperatures outside are around 70 degrees the chicks won’t need it. It all depends on your location and what breed your chickens are. The ideal age is 6-8 weeks for no longer needing a heat source. It’s best to wean them off the heat rather than just remove it all at once.
Thank you!

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom