Will this Incubator work??

Jessica Lyn

Chirping
Nov 13, 2021
Michigan
I just moved, and a ton of my stuff has been housed over at my mom's till now. Back in the day - 2016? Not that long ago but I have horrid memory - I had some leopard geckos breeding and used this farm innovators 2350 digital still air Incubator. (Attaching pictures from the purchase listing cause I have a broken foot and shouldn't be getting up more than needed)
Screenshot_20211129-073517_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Screenshot_20211129-073536_Amazon Shopping.jpg
while finding all my Christmas decorations I stumbled upon this Incubator that I completely forgot about. It's a good size, (18x18?) but when I looked at stuff online all it talks about is using it for reptile eggs. It tracks temp and humidity, and worked well for me for hatching the leopard gecko eggs, but I have no idea how it would do for hatching some quail eggs and u doing want to mess up a hatch. I know I need to get stuff to better track temp and humidity at the very least, any suggestions?? The Incubator I have now only comfortably fits 12 (24 if I want to help the turning process along a bit) and I really want more hatching space. If I don't have to buy another Incubator to achieve that that would be amazing! I just don't want to potentially ruin a hatch. The Incubator I have now is auto rotating, and I don't have to open it to do anything. Any tips for working a manual turned one that you don't have access to watering from the outside would be awesome.

Sorry this is so long! Thank you for your help!

If the incubator holds a constant temperature needed for hatching poultry eggs I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

When I used a still-air incubator, the big problem was the varying temperatures in side and it only worked well when all the eggs were of the same size. If possible I'd put a small fan into the 'bator so that the temperature is the same throughout the inside. I turn my eggs manually 3-5 times a day; most often three as life gets busy. I have great hatches so three must be adequate.

If the incubator holds a constant temperature needed for hatching poultry eggs I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

When I used a still-air incubator, the big problem was the varying temperatures in side and it only worked well when all the eggs were of the same size. If possible I'd put a small fan into the 'bator so that the temperature is the same throughout the inside. I turn my eggs manually 3-5 times a day; most often three as life gets busy. I have great hatches so three must be adequate.
Thank you so much! I'm going to give it a go

If you leave it as a still air, the correct temperature reading should be taken at the top of the eggs.
Thank you, don't have the money right now for a fan and such to modify it so I'm going to try out as is after I run it to check temp and stuff because it's been so long. I ordered more thermometers and humidity guages tho

Back
Top Bottom