Will this make a good duck house?

RachG75

Chirping
Jun 5, 2016
Central Illinois
Saw yesterday. Includes the trailer. We're just in planning stages to build something but with the cost of building materials, I think this might be the way to go instead.

Seller said the rubber roofing was meant to be a pond liner! Perfect since we were looking at doing that too! We are new to ducks and have never had chickens, so to you veterans...what do you think?

Saw yesterday. Includes the trailer. We're just in planning stages to build something but with the cost of building materials, I think this might be the way to go instead.

Seller said the rubber roofing was meant to be a pond liner! Perfect since we were looking at doing that too! We are new to ducks and have never had chickens, so to you veterans...what do you think?
What are the dimensions and how many ducks are going to put into it..

From the pic it looks like a nice house your going to take it off the trailer? What is that on the right side at the bottom window-pop door?

@RachG75 just made the pic larger it would make a nice duck house

Last edited:

Wow! That's cool. that will work great for your ducks!

The seller said that it would take quite a bit of work to unbolt that house from the trailer. My husband, being the cocky guy he often is, said he will get that house off of there! Even if he doesn't, we could take the wheels off and set it on cinder blocks I think.

The house is about 8x10 and that little window on the side is a sliding glass door./window. I wonder...what is the best angle/slope for a ramp into the house. definitely more gradual for ducks than chickens. We're going to have to make something. I have some leftover astroturf...will it be good to glue that to a ramp? Easy to hose off?

We currently have two Pekin ducks, but I already told my husband that I hope he realizes a third female is coming soon. I don't want something to happen to one of them and then the other is inconsolable. He rolled his eyes, but I know he secretly loves those ducks as much as I do. lol. I say, "it's for the children" but we all know it's for me!

Back
Top Bottom