Will turkeys get along with my chickens?

My turkeys have their own sleeping quarters, and side by side pen next to the chickens. My BR tom is oblivious to the chickens when free ranging. One of the hens really has a thing for my rooster. She will follow him all over with that "fight me" trilling chirp until my rooster FINALLY stands up to her. THEN she decides to all out attack him. This same turkey hen is just fine with the chicken hens but she hates the rooster!
I'm seriously considering not keeping her for another season.

My turkeys and chickens are allowed to free range with the chickens and pullets, but everyone has their own separate roosts for sleeping. Our turkey hens actually have a handful of chicken hens they go and dust bathe together with, its really funny. We dont really seem to have an issue with the rooster since hes such a sissy and wont really breed his own species anyway, he just runs away from everyone .
1f602.png
i havent tried raising them together as chicks but have heard as long as they are healthy there can be some benefit, as turkeys have poor vision up close? As far as feed, chicks Im not sure what would be apropriate for everyones needs but as adults everyone gets a flock raiser and about a handful of corn, the turkeys get whole corn in theirs.

Back
Top Bottom