Will we see our pets again?

Unfortunately I've got physical limitations as well so exercise is not an option. I nap. A lot.
I'm sorry to hear it. I have a sister with Fibromyalgia, which can have some similarities in the way it tends to impact a people's lives, who are affected by it. As someone who personally loves napping & generally being lazy so much, I can only imagine how awful it would be to not be able to enjoy my naps/lazy time, because being constantly exhausted takes all the fun out of it.
Do you find that raising poultry provides a welcome distraction from your symptoms sometimes?

I'm sorry to hear it. I have a sister with Fibromyalgia, which can have some similarities in the way it tends to impact a people's lives, who are affected by it. As someone who personally loves napping & generally being lazy so much, I can only imagine how awful it would be to not be able to enjoy my naps/lazy time, because being constantly exhausted takes all the fun out of it.
Do you find that raising poultry provides a welcome distraction from your symptoms sometimes?
Some days it's so bad I'm barely able to keep my head up, but I'm thankful cause it's made me slow down and really see the world.
I got into raising poultry because I wasn't getting outside as much. I love caring for them, but it can get tough. They seem to understand that I can't walk so well some days.
I have inside birds as well, including a newly rescued parrot. All of these things to keep me moving and active. As I said it can get tough, I understand some day I might not be able to care for them, but I have things arranged for most of my outside animals.
I've gotten some hate actually, for keeping animals while I have a disability, as some of my symptoms can be fatal so I guess people think I'm not going to be a long term owner or something.

Some days it's so bad I'm barely able to keep my head up, but I'm thankful cause it's made me slow down and really see the world.
I got into raising poultry because I wasn't getting outside as much. I love caring for them, but it can get tough. They seem to understand that I can't walk so well some days.
I have inside birds as well, including a newly rescued parrot. All of these things to keep me moving and active. As I said it can get tough, I understand some day I might not be able to care for them, but I have things arranged for most of my outside animals.
I've gotten some hate actually, for keeping animals while I have a disability, as some of my symptoms can be fatal so I guess people think I'm not going to be a long term owner or something.
That's disappointing to hear. It's astonishing how comfortable some people are with voicing their unsolicited opinions about how others live their lives. Don't let the "turkeys" get you down. If you're taking good care of your pets then you deserve the happiness they bring just as much as anyone. :highfive:

That's disappointing to hear. It's astonishing how comfortable some people are with voicing their unsolicited opinions about how others live their lives. Don't let the "turkeys" get you down. If you're taking good care of your pets then you deserve the happiness they bring just as much as anyone. :highfive:
It makes me sad for them, honestly.
I feed my animals before I even have breakfast in the morning! I even have an Instagram largely focused on them!

As long as you are able to take care of the animals, and it sounds like you are, then they have no right to criticize. Your animals are healthy and provide therapy for you. Sounds like a good arrangement to me. Sorry for your difficulties.

My husband usually naps once a day, but then he is also up very early. He tried medication once years ago, but had such a bad reaction he ended up in the hospital. Never again he said. Some days he really has to force himself to get out and exercise but will often feel better after. Sometimes it goes the other way and he is more tired later in the day. However in the long run, it does help. There are probably some simple exercises that can be done in a chair or lying down. They would help just to get the blood flowing through your muscles and the whole body. Maybe you have already tried that? Just a thought since I don't know your complete situation. Have you found any medication that helps? Even a little?

We have several house pets too. Two budgies, two fish tanks and a snake. Also in indoor dog and an outdoor dog.

Back
Top Bottom