Will you please post a picture of your rooster?????????

Catdaddyspics036-1.jpg

Billy bad-@$$

Catdaddyspics038.jpg

Romeo

Picture015-1.jpg

Jack

Picture029.jpg

Eddie

I'll try to post some more tomorrow.

I LOVE my roos!!! I would adopt them all if it werent' for the roo arguments and wearing out of hens. These were saved from Fate with a stewpot.

White cap Polish "Stella" (yes, a Roo)
44462_img_3142.jpg

Appellen Spithauben "Spitz" who will jump in my lap for grapes and tug on loose clothing to get my attention. He acts and gossips like a screaming queen.
44462_img_3151.jpg

Lavender Polish "Fritz"
44462_img_3151.jpg

Partridge Silkie "Pantaloons", boss rooster in a high roo/hen ratio, even though he's the only bantam boy. He's the perferct gentleman, and the only one who truly looks out for the girls over his own interests.
44462_img_3271.jpg

MIA is Stanley, Stella's "partner", an almost all black Polish with the most beautiful irridescent green/purple feathers. Drop dead gorgeous but scared of his own shadow. I'm trying to get a picture that captures all his beauty.

Here is the medium little rooster: ( who died unexpectadly and suddenly at age 5 months old)
10705_medroo3.jpg

And the Biggest Little Rooster: ( who met an untimely end when he jumped in the neighbor's dog run)
rooPop4.jpg

And Little WeeMan ( who turned mean and became someones dinner)
WeeMan.jpg

The Biggest Little Rooster's son, Hardy:( who looks and acts more like his Uncle WeeMan than his daddy):

1HardyLittleGirls.jpg

And last but not least, my little guy- Barney Fife:
10705_89roo.jpg

He's hardly big and majestic, but this is my sweet little goofball, "Shamrock"...

15879_shamrock.jpg

Bantam Ameraucana, "Rowan"...

15879_rowan2.jpg

Salmon Faverolles, "Lightening"...

15879_lighteningshow1.jpg

Barred Plymouth Rock, "Duke"...

15879_duke4.jpg

Salmon Faverolles, "Thunder" ...

15879_img_1906.jpg

My serama rooster, Prince, who is currently my only rooster:

Misc081-2.jpg

Misc080-2.jpg

And just because, this is my Japanese bantam rooster, Yamikarasu, who passed away about a month ago. We had him for more than ten years:

Royalty_by_PacificPikachu.jpg

Here are my boys!!
Broken Toe (black Jersey Giant)....and he is still growing! He is only 9 mos old!
ep.gif
Broken Toe is the boss of the flock!
5048_p1010958.jpg

5048_p1010972.jpg

Fish-head (salmon Faverolle)...he is goofy. He tries to be a big boy on the block, but his 8.5 lbs and sweet demeanor put him below the older hens and the ones that are bigger than him (such as the black Jersey Giant hens)..not to mention below Broken Toe (but they get along just fine. No roo fights here!).
big_smile.png
He is small, but he sure is a broad-chested guy!
5048_p1010872.jpg

5048_p1010956.jpg

Some past roos:
Rotis (short for rotisserie. Don't worry he didn't end up there....nope, he ended up in the oven!). Beautiful rooster, but mean! He wanted to fight with everyone! I finally established dominance with him, but he was still too rough with the hens and fought with Broken Toe a lot. I finally got sick of stitching up hens and dealing with his attitude and he was rehomed to our bellies.
5048_p1010876.jpg

Rusty (poorly colored Buckeye) He was a really nice rooster and good with the girls, but he was way too timid. Most of the time, he would hide under the coop, Jeep or patio cover. We figured he defeated the purpose of having a rooster (to protect the flock).
5048_p1010870.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom