Wilmington, NC Where to buy feed???

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by arlew0127, Mar 6, 2011.

1. arlew0127

arlew0127 In the Brooder

Feb 23, 2011
    Wilmington
    I live is Wilmington, NC and was wanting to see if anyone on BYC lives in or around Wilmington and knows where to buy Laying Mash feed. [​IMG]

2. GrayAcres

GrayAcres In the Brooder

Oct 4, 2009
    Check out your local Tractor Supply Co. if you have one. Co-Ops might be hard to find in Wilmington. Google it for your area. Good luck.

3. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Check your phone book for feed and garden stores. A lot of mom-and-pop stores like that will carry chicken feed.

4. Sportsterjeep

Sportsterjeep Creekside Acres Farm

Jun 1, 2010
    Mill Hall PA
    Go to google maps, zoom in to where you are willing to drive to for feed with your location in the center of the screen. Type feed mill or feed store into the search and it will bring up anything that is close to you in that zoom level.

5. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    You can pretty much find a TSC near you in any location. One day we went to the gareden store to get mulch, and they ended up having chicken feed (and coops, and chickens) ... You just never know.

You can also now order organic feed online. Since it's organic, it tends to be a little pricy, though. http://www.mypetchicken.com/catalog/Organic-Feed-c58.aspx

6. arlew0127

arlew0127 In the Brooder

Feb 23, 2011
    Wilmington
    thanks for all the help!!! that puts me in the right direction... [​IMG]

7. mattb#00

mattb#00 In the Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    Wilmington NC
    There is a farm supply on Oleander, between the mall and where it splits into Dawson.

8. crazyhen

crazyhen Crowing

Aug 26, 2008
    mtns of ,NC.
    I was going to 2nd that last answer. Its not far from the RR tracks there. Gloria Jean

9. benjoycei

benjoycei Songster

Mar 4, 2011
    Wilmington
    Farmers Supply on Oleander Drive near the tracks. They have everything you need! Tell Dietrick I said Hi.
    Joyce

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: