Wilson, NC chickens!

tn_artist

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 29, 2009
Wilson, NC
After going on hearsay about local chicken ordinances and laws, I spent quite a bit of time today researching exactly what I can and cant do or have.
Apparently, what I heard was wrong! There are no city or county ordinances that say anything about chickens. Not one. Not city. Not county. Not hens. Not roosters.
The only thing that could cause any trouble is noise ordinances. Those say that noise can not be continuous or repetitive in nature if it is loud, meaning it can be heard within 50 yards, in a straight line, from the origin of the noise.
My back yard neighbors parties and the kids on the trampoline next door are both much louder than my chickens!
There was even an article about it that mentioned BYC, in a neighboring town. "Backyardchickens.com lists nearly 30 cities in North Carolina that allow suburbanite or urban chickens -- some with certain restrictions.
Not on the list are Greenville, Goldsboro and Wilson, which also allow the feathered fowl."
I will not be looking in to caponizing any birds! We may still try some no crow collars though, just to keep good neighbor relationships.
Hooray for Blueberry!!! Yay, for making more porcelains and Millie Fleur! Screenshot_20190605-114831_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190605-114929_Gallery.jpg

Back
Top Bottom