Wine anyone?

SparksNV

Songster
9 Years
Jun 13, 2010
Spanish Springs, NV
I enjoy wine
thumbsup.gif
- definitely have my favs and love to try new ones - I have bought lots of wine just on coolness of the label. I took alot of labels off of wines and beer and put them on some end tables for the "man cave". Stocked up today - bought 14 bottles. Opened one I bought based on label (let one of my dds talk me into it) - Ed Hardy Lambrusco. I have never had a "Labrusco" before. Sweet and fizzy and very, very light - reminds me of a white zinfandel- not my fav. I, however, love Old Vine Zinfandels, Pinot Noir, Malbec, and Syrah/Shiraz. I also enjoy an nice hearty red table wine - really don't like whites - they tend to give me a headache. I like to keep my purchases around $10 per bottle (on sale).

Here is the Ed Hardy Lambrusco (bought at World Market $6.99) - recommended to people who like white zins and Arbor Mist. Way cool label - disappointing wine for me.

60407_11-14-10_002.jpg

Here are two interesting wines. The one on the left - Ravenswood - was bottled in 1989 - the year my dh & I were married - probably tastes awful but saving it til 25th anniversary. The one on the right is from Wind Walker - my all time fav - saving this bottle to open after the Ravenswood - both on the 25th anniversary (11/25/2014)

60407_11-14-10.jpg

I also have some other favs - Gnarly Head Old Vine Zin - found it at Scolari's for $8.49 per bottle! So tell us about your favs and recommendations!

I bet that I would like that first wine!
droolin.gif
I like the lighter ones like that...
Cant stand the dark reds..
sickbyc.gif

For white lovers, I absolutely adore the Raymond vineyards Chadonnay. I tried it because of the name, obviously, and found it to be crisp, clear and favorful. I LOVE that vineyard.

I am willing to drink anything that is dry and red. The dryer the better. I really like French Bordeaux.

Well, I had to go and get a glass of Sutter Home Red before I felt that I could reply to this thread. My daily 1 glass, per Dr orders. That Dr. is great.
But I prefer a semi Dry White.
Then of course there is my own Elderberry wine. Now that sits in a carboy for 5 years, before I even think of bottleing it. Then it sits some more. Good stuff. But I am going to have to ration it to a bottle a year until we get decent elderberryies again, been to dry.

The Ravenswood will be very good. But be warned, Zinfandels are sometimes called “the velvet hammer".
wink.png

I bought the sparkling Ed Hardy once, tasted like sparkling toilet water IMO

I like the YellowTail brand. I think they have it at World Market. I loooooooove the selection World Market has, too bad we don't have one here
hmm.png

Trader Joes has a lot of Italian wines for very good prices. I have to admit I'm kindof a wino. I haven't met a wine I didn't like. I prefer reds, but a good wine pairing with food trumps everything. My DH is Italian so we have wine with dinner every night -- break the bank if we didn't go for the inexpensive stuff. Luckily, our neighborhood store gives 10% off for 6 or more bottles. And then the BevMo 5cent sales... We have a lot of wine in the house... ;-)
food-smiley-019.gif

ObEggs: I will tell something I tried last night: a champagne flip. It was pretty yummy with a fresh egg yolk from my backyard...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom