Wine Cooler Incubator Step-By-Step: COMPLETE!!!!

Hi, I know it has been a long while since post but I am trying to do same thing. I am not electrical in any way think u may could help in how to flip cooler

find the two wires going to the peltier. They are the thicker wires (the small wires are for the inside fan). Cut the 2 wires the join them back up in reverse so the cut red from the power supply goes to the cut black of the peltier and the cut black from the power supply goes to the cut red of the peltier.

Add any type of thermostat between the cut red from the power supply to the cut black on the peltier and you are done

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/976303/building-a-incubator-from-a-wine-cooler this is a more complicated wine cooler I built that uses a peltier. Ive built a few peltier incubators from simple ones that were done the way I explained above to complicated monsters

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/1152618/tilt-turner-electrical-diagrams-and-ideas a easy to build turner design that fits in a wine cooler using pre made egg tray

If you need more technical advice start a new thread then private message me the title. If you post pictures of the cooler and the wiring then I will mark which wires do what and how to do the conversion.

I am reasonably mechanical, but prefer to keep my electrical work to very simple tasks. That is why I will buy a kit and use the Incuturns on stationary shelves.

if everything is already there (peltier thermal cooler) and all I have to do is swap 2 wires and add a thermostat to end up with a forced air incubator (1 hours work and 10 dollars) then that's probably the best way to go. As for the turner I would go with what ever is easiest including a simple tilt turner that I can turn 3 times a day by hand. (built one like that 2 years ago for a friend and its been none stop incubating and hatching ever since)

If its compressor based cooler then there's no simple fix. so a conversion kit would probably be the best place to start. The compressor coolers are normally larger than the peltiers so there's room to mount the heater etc. A peltier 8-20 bottle cooler is to small to mount a different type of heater especially as the interior is thin plastic over foam unless you were willing to give up most of the space available just for the heater.

Back
Top Bottom