Wing Bands

aggie2013

In the Brooder
Sep 20, 2016
I am trying to find a way to organize my future breeding program. So far wing bands seem to be my best option. What kind would you suggest? Also can they stay on for the chickens life? Or do they need replaced as they grow?

I use wing bands and zipties. Small zip ties on leg loose and ends clipped with nail clippers. Then wingband at 1week old. You can wingband at a day old. But i dont have that may of one type to have to worry about that. I habe legbands with farm name on them for showing and breeding stock. Wingbands are for knowing what chicks come off what cock and hen pair.

the guy I admire uses a wing band on each wing with the same number on both, they fall out once in a while, I leave mine in for life and will buy longer ones with the next purchase, they look huge on chicks but 3/4 inch is too small for a standard australorp

the guy I admire uses a wing band on each wing with the same number on both, they fall out once in a while, I leave mine in for life and will buy longer ones with the next purchase, they look huge on chicks but 3/4 inch is too small for a standard australorp
What size would you suggest for LF ameraucana?

Back
Top Bottom