Wings sticking out like penguin

tia

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 19, 2009
Valdez, Alaska
A couple of my ancona ducklings have their wings stuck out like penguins. They just hatched... and these last two seemed to take a little longer and had a rougher time. They were struggling a bit but after getting some vitamins and electrolytes seem to be moving just as good as the rest.... just look a little funny with the wings out. I had an older duckling get angel wing once.... is that what it is... or something else. Is there anything I can do.

A couple of my ancona ducklings have their wings stuck out like penguins. They just hatched... and these last two seemed to take a little longer and had a rougher time. They were struggling a bit but after getting some vitamins and electrolytes seem to be moving just as good as the rest.... just look a little funny with the wings out. I had an older duckling get angel wing once.... is that what it is... or something else. Is there anything I can do.
Are they dry already? I've never heard of a duckling hatching with angel wing but there is talk now that it is genetic more than high protein. might try using some vet wrap when they get stronger and lightly wrapping for a few days simular to when they have to have their legs hobbled.

Thanks,,, they are looking much better today... could of been the difficult time getting out of the egg. Everyone eating, drinking and looking pretty lively this morning.

Back
Top Bottom