Winter care questions.

Thats what i figured, saw you were in california, but didn't know if placerville had a high altitude or not so figured i'd ask. Just said that so it sounded less like a personal attack, although it might have sounded a lot better without it....

Dan, Today i went out and did morning chores in a coat and shorts. lol.

I spend as much time as I can in FL because I normally raise exotics and they wont issue me permits in CA (I raise mostly medium sized cat and civet species) but while I am here there are no restrictions on birds unless they are native so I keep several species of wild birds like the jungle fowl and some different guinea fowl and pheasants. I know there are places that are much colder then me, Kansas probably has a much lower temperature average, but green jungle fowl can't take the cold, I start to get worried when the inside temps read in the 50's but so far so good.

KansasKid - Currently 65 here, but it won't last long... already in the 30s in SW NE and heading this way. Even a chance of... shall I say... snow? That isn't even suppossed to last, forecast is for the 50s-60s in a couple of days. If anyone has early laying pheasants (Swinhoe, Silver), I'd be getting ready for eggs soon!!

Dan

Back
Top Bottom