winter coming

Tarps are great for keeping out wind...straw bales make good windbreaks too.
Any solid roof will work, as long as your frame is sturdy enough for the amount of snow your area gets - I have a metal roof and one of ondura on my runs - both work well.
Nix the cedar sawdust - opt for some other kind of shavings...

Quote:
I nailed my rolled roofing to the plywood with roofing nails and used a drip edge. It's about 2 years now, hasn't curled, and I expect it to last at least 10 years. I can see having issues with tarpaper. The rolled roofing I used is just a bit thinner than standard shingles and it was a lot easier to put up.

I used metal on roof with foil cover 1/2" 4x8 sheets of foam insulation underneath It was left over from another project time will tell if it was a good idea. I'm trying to decided how much I should close up coop in cold weather. I'm thinking leaving roof & eve vent open and closing gable vents & windows. Any thought would be appreciated. I live in central IN.

We had a low in the mid thirties this past week. A bit further north, it was 34. I'm sure my girls won't like the winter as much as I do, this will be their first!

I'm in the wicked snowbelt of MI...yeah, it's coming. We don't have much time left. The cold is setting in already, by Halloween, there will be snow.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom