Winter duck pen. uggg

smurfboe

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 10, 2009
Phillipston, MA
What a squishy mess. We unfroze, lots of rain, snowed, and so this makes eeeewww duck pen floor
sickbyc.gif
. We now have a path around the pen, one side is snow mounds. The ducks circle the pen. Round and round. trying to figure out what happened to thos mud puddles a day ago that were so sweet to stamp in. Lettuce they cry. If you can't give us puddles, give us lettuce! I cannot believe what I do for these critters. I will by lettuce at a dollar a head just so they can have greenage during winter.

Lettuce at a dollar a head in winter??? I usually have to pay about $3 or $4 out here in winter.... But yes I still do buy them for my ducks occasionally.

I was asked to try and locate a call for a lady earlier in the season, and found it had been a dissapointing season for calls up to that point in time. I have heard of a few more hathcing since that time. I will get back to you tomorrow with some details... I am also going to a huge Poultry Auction tomorrow, and will ask some duck people I know, some of whom do have calls.

Back
Top Bottom