Winter Hatch Along!

Here in Louisiana, my humidity is normally about 35% in a dry incubator all the time. So I didn't have to add any water till lockdown. My single egg didn't pip yet, when I looked at the calendar I realized that hatch day should be Friday or Saturday...

Here in Louisiana, my humidity is normally about 35% in a dry incubator all the time. So I didn't have to add any water till lockdown. My single egg didn't pip yet, when I looked at the calendar I realized that hatch day should be Friday or Saturday...
Oh ok I’m in New York, upstate it’s freezing lol. So I guess I’ll just have to keep adding water ! Good luck with the hatch so exciting!!

The single surviving egg from my hatch is moving around today, expecting it to pip anytime now. It looks like I may get a leap year baby. :celebrate:celebrate
Yey post when it hatches! I’m so excited so many of the eggs I have in are fertile all of them in my one incubator which I think is 14 and some in my other which I haven’t counted I know they can still die :( but hopefully I can keep them moving around there’s an air sack in some too woooo!

Yey post when it hatches! I’m so excited so many of the eggs I have in are fertile all of them in my one incubator which I think is 14 and some in my other which I haven’t counted I know they can still die :( but hopefully I can keep them moving around there’s an air sack in some too woooo!
When are you expecting your eggs to start hatching?

My baby hatched at 11:40 PM on March 1st. I even caught the moment on video :D

Baby chick emerging from its egg.
Wooow!!! That’s so exciting ahhh that’s amazing! Congrats!
Mine are set to start hatching around the 11th. I looked at a diagram and it seems like the air cells are pretty much day 7 looking I might try to keep the humidity down because this is day 12. I’m going to try to post pictures later hopefully everyone can tell me if they are on target

Attachments

• 2FEBE327-10DE-48D0-8395-E86332387290.jpeg
    2FEBE327-10DE-48D0-8395-E86332387290.jpeg
    326.2 KB · Views: 3
Wooow!!! That’s so exciting ahhh that’s amazing! Congrats!
Mine are set to start hatching around the 11th. I looked at a diagram and it seems like the air cells are pretty much day 7 looking I might try to keep the humidity down because this is day 12. I’m going to try to post pictures later hopefully everyone can tell me if they are on target

The air cell in my egg looked like day 14 on that chart when it went into lockdown. I have 2 more eggs in the incubator that are on day 10. I put a couple in late when I tossed the other eggs. I also ordered 8, day old chicks that should ship today.

Back
Top Bottom