Winter Hatch Along!

I've seen him romancing the ladies he's learning how to find them treats (since it's winter I toss some on the floor for him so he has something to find for them lol). I can see the bullseye in the eggs more worried about the cold making them die before they even get started.

Just collected 4 more but our temps today were 26 when I got home.
Brrrrrrrr!

fingers crossed!

(since it's winter I toss some on the floor for him so he has something to find for them lol).

For him to "find", made me lol!
byc cracking up.gif

Just candled. Thank goodness I did. Apparently I missed an egg that was cracked due to the cold and set it. It has a vertical crack top to bottom, but the dang thing is growing!! My husband helped me and we dripped wax on the crack to see if we could save the baby. Hopefully it doesn't explode

As for the rest of the eggs. only the four in the first picture don't seem to be developing. The rest are looking red and I can see the beginnings of veining starting. Excited to see what hatches.
IMG_20200125_205212995[1].jpg
IMG_20200125_205201461[1].jpg

Just candled. Thank goodness I did. Apparently I missed an egg that was cracked due to the cold and set it. It has a vertical crack top to bottom, but the dang thing is growing!! My husband helped me and we dripped wax on the crack to see if we could save the baby. Hopefully it doesn't explode

As for the rest of the eggs. only the four in the first picture don't seem to be developing. The rest are looking red and I can see the beginnings of veining starting. Excited to see what hatches.
View attachment 2011235View attachment 2011236
Fingers crossed for that cracked egg. Good idea with the wax!

Hello everyone, I set 13 eggs 1 week ago in my homemade incubator. The first 2 times I used it, it worked perfectly. This year its running sort of wonky. The temp runs steady for a couple of days then suddenly spikes to 106. So I adjust it back to the correct temp and before you know it it is too cool. I don't think these eggs are going to make it. I hate those diaphragm thermostats. I still have my original hovabator which never worked well either. Same type thermostat, and every time you lift the lid to turn eggs it would change the temperature. I bypassed and removed the thermostat from the hovabator and bought a digital controller on Amazon. Wow this is working great. The temperature is very accurate to the tenth of a degree. Has a 2 degree differential between cut on and cut off. It also has a nice lighted display that shows the inside temp. This is going to be so nice. Set another dozen eggs today. If they hatch on time I will have leap year babies :)

Officially in lockdown at 4:00pm today but since I'm at work I put the 4 eggs that made it to lockdown in the hatcher last night. Running without increasing humidity at first because I think the eggs still need to lose more weight. Sadly the little cracked egg passed around day 11 but I have four lively babies in the hatcher. Fingers crossed they hatch okay. If you want to check on them my live feed is here:

Back
Top Bottom