Winter Laundry, - do not try this in warm climates!

When we first got together, I had this problem. I was super pregnant and hormonal and would get so upset when the clothes froze solid. I am so dang glad we have a washer and dryer in the house now, so I don't have to thaw our laundry anymore, LOL.

I remember Mom used to hang jeans and shirts and towels outside to dry. She forgot it all night and they were so frozen, so she line dried them in the heated back porch. Said, never again I would take it outside to dry!
lol.png

wink.png

I remember Mom used to hang jeans and shirts and towels outside to dry. She forgot it all night and they were so frozen, so she line dried them in the heated back porch. Said, never again I would take it outside to dry!
lol.png
Well, I must confess we since have hung a line upstairs in the house!
wink.png
We do have a dryer, but I prefer to save the electricity and just use the dryer to fluff things up after it is mostly dry

Well, I must confess we since have hung a line upstairs in the house!
wink.png
We do have a dryer, but I prefer to save the electricity and just use the dryer to fluff things up after it is mostly dry

I grew up with a clothesline and Eva and I had one too up until about 8-10 years ago. Even with the dryer we have a line in the utility/radio shack/junk/spare room. She will partly dry clothes in the dryer and hang to to finish off on the line. Keeps things from too much wrinkle/shrinkage.... I think. And saves a bit of those electrical current things!

My sister lives in California, and they are not allowed to hang a clothesline! I guess people out there think it is offensive.
roll.png

Too bad, as she has a perfect drying climate.

I remember those days. I find it funny now, but at that time I didn't. Nothing like getting ready for school and realizing you left your clothes out over night! Yes, many mornings I was saying a few choice words.

It is funny to see, and it shows the OP's sense of humor to pose them like that. I had that happen to me ONCE, then I set up drying racks in the house. It is NOT fun to find out you have no underwear and then find it frozen on the line. Right before work. Commando doesn't work so well on a person of a certain age.

You've got something against Frosted Buns?

Back
Top Bottom