The Chicken Lady

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
12 Years
Apr 21, 2008
West Michigan
I just received a link to this.

http://www.weatheradvance.com/winter-2009-2010-forecast

A lot of meteorologists are currently making their predictions for this winter in the U.S. and Canada. The weak el Nino will probably result in a pretty harsh winter.

Do you like winter? Are your shovels ready?
smile.png

Thanks for the head's up.

Huh, so I don't get it, because we usually don't get snow when there is an el nino. My gut feeling is we will be colder than normal.

The key is that it's a weak el Nino. Apparently, it's the same weather pattern that caused some crazy blizzards in my state in the late 1970s.

we're in the 15-45 inches of snow portion - lovely! I guess as long as it doesn't all come at one time we'll be ok!
hmm.png

All the signs here in the east are pointing to it. The summer was pretty mild, wetter than usual. I guess I better get busy and split some more wood for the fire place. Oh and.... what's a snow shovel? We get about 10 inches and the whole place shuts down. lol

Steve in NC

We get maybe 1" and the city of Seattle shuts down.
lol.png

That's ok, though, I like snow days.
smile.png

Even a weak el nino would probably mean no significant snow for us. We rarely get snow.

Quote:
Oh my gosh, I hope that doesn't mean another blizzard of '78. Anyone who was in the northeast at that time will know what I am talking about. I was a kid, and I think we were out of school for over a week, if not 2 weeks. Everything shut down, all roads, everything. I remember my dad was in the National Guard and got called up. Next day he came walking in the door. He got stuck on his way to the Cape, and had to walk about 15 miles home in snowdrifts that were almost as tall as him in some places. Boy was he exhausted, I think he slept for about 24 hours.

Back
Top Bottom