Winter Molt??

You can probably speed her feather growth with Feather Fixer or other vitamin/mineral supplements. My understanding is growing those feathers requires certain cheleted minerals and the regrowth can be sped up by providing them. A good normal feed has these minerals at the normal levels, but not as much as they could use during molt.

This is something I recently learned about so haven't tried it yet. It's certainly worth looking into with your cold temps. I am constantly temped to move out of expensive and liberal Ca, but at the same time, it's 60 degrees outside right now. Tonights low is supposed to be 50 or so. The recent rains have the grass and wildflowers sprouting out :)

Going off of what Timothy Menezes said above, I know that a lot of people give their ducks extra protein during a molt, usually through dog or cat food, as a little extra boost to help molting. I'm giving my drake a little cat food every morning after his feed to help him along. (and I think he's addicted to it, lol! never before have I gotten him to jump for a treat until now....he'll be sad once I stop haha)

Back
Top Bottom