Winter Preparations

Also, we have the tractor supply duck waterer, and in the summer we also used a bucket for them to be able to clean out their noses. But with winter we won’t want to bucket in the run because they will be able to jump and splash in it. And we don’t want them getting frostbite, bc our babies LOVE the water and will do anything they can to play in it. What do you guys do to have water so they can clean out their noses and dunk their whole face in the winter time? How do I know that the waterer won’t melt on a heating pad?

Can someone recommend what they use to keep water from freezing? Do they use a heated waterer? Can you post pictures or links?
First winter with ducks for me. Trial and error phase. I've been using a water bottle (16.9 oz; i did pour out a little bit of the water to be able to add the salt without it overflowing) with an added 1 cup of salt. Currently using 26-gallon mixing tub from Tractor supply as their waterer. I simply just placed the closed water bottle in the tub & let it float around. So far so good.

First winter with ducks for me. Trial and error phase. I've been using a water bottle (16.9 oz; i did pour out a little bit of the water to be able to add the salt without it overflowing) with an added 1 cup of salt. Currently using 26-gallon mixing tub from Tractor supply as their waterer. I simply just placed the closed water bottle in the tub & let it float around. So far so good.
you put hot tap water and salt in a plastic bottle?

Back
Top Bottom