Winter Solstice Celebration, do you partake?

Do you celebrate the Winter Solstice?

• Yes

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • I recognize it, don't celebrate it

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • What is the Winter Solstice?

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
...and because Winter Solstice is also my 'New Years Day',
and I have made my own calendars for a decade,
with all my holidays and sabbats and moon phases,
today I got that done and ready to take to the library to print out.
Wow this is very cool! Do you have a particular template that you use? I made one every year for the garden based the Almanac's suggestions and my own frost date calculations for when to start and transplant seeds..... it is rudimentary at best though. Would be very cool to expand on it for pagan holidays and moon phases, since (in my opinion) it is all interconnected.

Wow this is very cool! Do you have a particular template that you use?
I have a Word doc with tables set up, was very tedious the first few years(I never was great with tables) but it's easy peasy now, just tab along to change the numbers after 'saving as' the new year.
Moving the moon phase graphics can be finicky, I can't even remember how I made those.
I like it because it 8.5 x 11 landscape on plain printer paper stapled together at the top.
Fits on my table nicely and can write and/or erase any events or tasks on it.

1608585299969.png

I have a Word doc with tables set up, was very tedious the first few years(I never was great with tables) but it's easy peasy now, just tab along to change the numbers after 'saving as' the new year.
Moving the moon phase graphics can be finicky, I can't even remember how I made those.
I like it because it 8.5 x 11 landscape on plain printer paper stapled together at the top.
Fits on my table nicely and can write and/or erase any events or tasks on it.

View attachment 2458796
Alright I'm handy with Word, I think I could manage something like that. I use a chart in word currently, and it's a hot mess that's evolved over the last two years and I still miss dates because, well, it's not a calendar. Thanks for the idea!

Just happy thoughts that from now on the days will be a wee bit longer again each day. I am looking forward to more eggs ( I am getting none atm),to hatching times. Chicks..
I never had problems with the darkness here in Germany during winter. But the older I get the more I feel it. At the moment it is dark by 5 pm. and it gets light around 8am. The chickens sit on their perch by 4pm.

Just happy thoughts that from now on the days will be a wee bit longer again each day. I am looking forward to more eggs ( I am getting none atm),to hatching times. Chicks..
I never had problems with the darkness here in Germany during winter. But the older I get the more I feel it. At the moment it is dark by 5 pm. and it gets light around 8am. The chickens sit on their perch by 4pm.

My partner joked about the candles at first but I explained their purpose, lit them, and had everyone explain what they were looking forward to in the coming year prior to lighting their personal candle. Everyone took the time to state sincere responses and some silly ones too. We had a good laugh. Afterwards I went to turn on the lights and blow out the candles but my partner surprisingly asked to leave the lights off and the candles on. It was a good meal. We watched the Grinch afterwards.

Happy Solstice and here’s to brighter days ahead! 🥂

Back
Top Bottom