Winter Worries

Duckling543

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 23, 2014
Hi! This is my first time raising ducklings and I am so excited to get them! I want to get them ASAP, but I'm not sure if I should get them this late in the fall. Would they be cold during the winter? They will be in their brooder until they are fully feathered, but I still don't want them to be to cold. The coldest it gets in Winter here is 36 degrees, and even still that is usually rare. I want to order them in November, but I don't know if I should! please help!
fl.gif
hmm.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm a chicken person and don't know much about ducks (although I've had a few), but I have to admit that ducklings are the ultimate in cute. I would suggest posting this on our duck section at https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/42/ducks and taking advantage of our duck experts there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your ducklings.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I don't know much about ducks. Definitely post in our Ducks section to talk to those Duck experts. Michael has left you with the link.

Enjoy this new adventure and welcome to our flock!

WOW, 36 degrees would be balmy for winter here (mid-west) I think ducks are made for the cold, we see them swimming through the worst of winter, when they can find some moving water. It happens!

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help

Just make sure they have water that doesn't freeze, a draft free coop with proper ventilation, clean, dry bedding and foods that will help keep them warm.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
The members in the Ducks section will happily answer any questions you have. We have quite a few duck fanatics and experts here, you'll enjoy it down there
smile.png

On a side note, we have a contest running for our new members, if you're interested. More info and how to enter here:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/885886/welcome-to-byc-sign-up-and-win/0_30

Enjoy the site!

Back
Top Bottom