Winterizing an outdoor rabbit hutch?

most rabbitries (show rabbitries) that i know of and talk to who use normal waterbottles continue to do so in the winter, all they do is collect the water bottles twice a day, bring them inside to thaw (or put them in a warm bucket of water indoors for a few minutes) change the water with fresh luke warm water and take it back out to their rabbits. Works perfectly fine that way for them. I personally used rubber feed bowls and just flipped them over the ice fell out, poured in new water...only problem with that is on REALLY cold days, the rabbits will get tehir fur and whiskers wet and they will freeze in those areas....unless the rabbits clean it off fast. *i mean really cold like finger stuck to metal cage if slightly wet cold*

ina hutch, hay for bedding and for eating in their indoor part is perfect, added treats to keep the internal core temperature warm without over feeding.

Other than that no real diferences just keep drafts out...may suggest a tarp..but if bunnie gets bored and can reach...nibble nibble lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom