Winterizing my tractor....

6mutts

Songster
11 Years
Oct 6, 2008
St. Clair, MO
I use a tractor ONLY as a coop. This weekend we will be building a small fenced in area, like 12x12ft and our tractor will be placed inside this area. I was wondering how i will keep my girls warm soon. I was thinking of using a tarp over my coop and staking it down with a bungi cords or something like that, then undoing it whenever I go out to feed and stuff then putting it back on when i'm done. Also maybe lining the fencing with plastic to block wind. What do you guys think? Will the tarp and wind breakers be enough? there is a pick of my coop below. I must have posted these pics like 50 times now.....
tongue.png

What part of the country do you live in and how many chickens will you have in there? With the tarp idea I'd be worried that the chickens wouldn't get enough ventilation.

Quote:
we r in Missouri and I have 6 bantams. I am not worried about ventilation only because the tarp wouldn't be too tought and in the coop there are 1 inch gaps on each side that run the entire length of the coop(except the nesting area on far right). I was actually worried about that as a draft!

Back
Top Bottom