Winterizing run

When covering run walls with plastic sheeting. Is it better to leave a gap at the top of the wall? The bottom? Or cover completely ?
Leave gaps at the top.
How tall is your run?
You will also want to anchor it on each vertical upright to pin it down so the wind doesn't rip it off.
I use tarps I made from reinforced "clear" vinyl. I folded over all the edges and used banner seaming tape to strengthen the edges then installed snaps.
IMG_20191101_164341881.jpg

IMG_20191102_143430772.jpg

After snapping up a tarp per wall I screw down boards to pin the vinyl in place over the vertical uprights.
The pitched areas are left open as are the spaces between the rafters.
IMG_20191203_081415209.jpg

Leave gaps at the top.
How tall is your run?
You will also want to anchor it on each vertical upright to pin it down so the wind doesn't rip it off.
I use tarps I made from reinforced "clear" vinyl. I folded over all the edges and used banner seaming tape to strengthen the edges then installed snaps.
View attachment 2420900
View attachment 2420901
After snapping up a tarp per wall I screw down boards to pin the vinyl in place over the vertical uprights.
View attachment 2420902
Nice! Can gou show the details of the
Leave gaps at the top.
How tall is your run?
View attachment 2420900
View attachment 2420901
View attachment 2420902
Nice! Can you show detail of the finished sheets and the snaps you used?

Back
Top Bottom