Wire floor in coop?

A wire apron is attached on the outside of the coop/run so that it lays flat all around extending usually two feet out from the coop. It does not go to the inside of the coop but on the outside. Your chickens wouldn't be walking on it unless you let them out of the coop and run.

Ohhhh ok blonde here was really confused by the concept. That would make more sense on a stationary house. We will see how things go. The idea of that bumble foot stuff what would you have to do to fix that? If it were to happen.

Ohhhh ok blonde here was really confused by the concept. That would make more sense on a stationary house. We will see how things go. The idea of that bumble foot stuff what would you have to do to fix that? If it were to happen.
In the case of a tractor, the apron would have to be hinged in some fashion at the lower edge. When moving the tractor it would be raised & secured, at the new location it would be lowered & secured by pinning to the ground or weighting with bricks or something.

The bumble foot in the later stages would require a surgical procedure, caught early there are some other options. You can do a search on BYC to find out more. Hope this helps!

Here is a picture of my coop floor it is commercial broiler house flooring. I have placed the 2x4 panels over 1/2" hardware cloth. The panels have 7/8" square holes and the panels are 1" thick. I purchased them from Southwest Agri Products of Texas. They were $12 each. They will help prevent bumble foot.

@Marktoo I was looking at ours and figured hinging it would be the only way. Afterwards I saw your post. I may end up having to do thst will just have to see. I just need to get my girls into the bigger house. They seem to be bored and getting mischievious now.

Oh ok. Im not that hightech. It will be me opening the door and shutting the door for awhile. Since it will move around the yard it will be hard to hook up electricity. I did think about a small solar panel. I thought about putting a deer camera in there and possibly a electric door so I could sleep in on the weekends. Just havent figured out how to get the eggs picked without manual labor lol.

I don't have electricity in my coop I have the battery powerd ADOR coop door. I'm going to wire the coop where I can plug in an extension cord for lights inside. Becuase my coop is the chicken tractor design and I will be moving it around my property so my run is sort of quick connect and it is portable too.

There is nothing wrong with a manual labor door, but they do make automatic egg slides I'm not going to get that high tech.

Back
Top Bottom