Wireless Cam - not SD Trail Cam

@paneubert knows of some good ones....

Yeah, I saw this thread and did not comment since I think the issue with my favorite type is that it requires power (or figuring out some solar DIY).

There are quite a few of us here on BYC who use Wyze brand cameras. Cheap on Amazon. Wireless (for the image/sound, not for the actual power), have motion alerts and motion zones you can set, you view it on your phone (but it can save to an SD card if you want as well), etc....

Perfect solution for the issue at hand here, except for the need to power it via an electric plug. If you are on board with running an extension cord or locating it close to an outlet, works great.

This is an old picture but the sign is still there. I
IMG_20170816_125751.jpg

IMG_20170816_125734.jpg

Yeah, I saw this thread and did not comment since I think the issue with my favorite type is that it requires power (or figuring out some solar DIY).

There are quite a few of us here on BYC who use Wyze brand cameras. Cheap on Amazon. Wireless (for the image/sound, not for the actual power), have motion alerts and motion zones you can set, you view it on your phone (but it can save to an SD card if you want as well), etc....

Perfect solution for the issue at hand here, except for the need to power it via an electric plug. If you are on board with running an extension cord or locating it close to an outlet, works great.
I love my Wyze Cameras. Have 4 of them now. Two are for front of house to keep track of people coming and going. Two are in back to monitor predators that might be after the chickens. Cameras are checked first thing in the morning before the dogs are let out. Nicer to prevent the dogs from being sprayed than to have to clean up the dog after being sprayed by skunk in trap. We learned to check the camera the hard way. Just put up new fencing. If all goes well I won't have skunk problems any longer but will continue to use the trap until I know for sure.

I purchased those camera to cameras extension cords they sell for cameras. Mine are 25 feet long. Since you can attach up to 3 cameras with one power source you can cover quite a large area using the extensions. The camera that is plugged in can be 50 feet away from the camera that is farthest away.

Something to remember is that they are rated for indoor only. To use them outdoors they need to be in a protected from the elements area or inside something that will keep them dry. I bought a special housing they sell online. Also used an old birdhouse to protect another.

Back
Top Bottom