wireless tv help, please? A/V knowledgeable people needed please

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by klf73, May 31, 2010.

1. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    I have a tv I installed into my dining room while dh is deployed. There is no cable outlet in this room as I always swore I would NEVER have a tv in this room but things change [​IMG] . Since there is no outlet the only way to play anything other than dvds.... I want to be able to put PBS on for my 2 younger ones so I can let them watch it while I clean my kitchen. Dh is going to hard wire it in when he gets back but that isn't until December. He told me there is some sort of wireless thing I can plug into a room on the same floor and hook it up to this tv and then I wouldn't have to worry about it. I tried looking it up and found some but want to make a good choice. I don't want to spend over $200 but don't want to buy somehting too cheap that won't work well. I was hoping there were some A/V gurus here that could help me out? Please? thank you in advance [​IMG]

2. For-The-Love-Of-Chickens

For-The-Love-Of-Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    Washington State
    OK, I don't know what A/V is and maybe this is what you are talking about. Isn't PBS an "over the air" station where you are? Why couldn't you just get a digital converter box (unless your tv is digital, then you just need the rabbit ears) and some rabbit ears until the cable can be hardwired?

3. klf73

klf73 Mad Scientist

Jun 1, 2008
    Maine
    A/V = audio/visual [​IMG]
    I have a wire that comes into the house and most of the rooms have hook-ups in the wall, except the dining room. There is supposedly one that I can hook-up in a nearby room and it transmits to something that I plug into the tv so I get cable on that tv too....

4. eaganchickens

eaganchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 21, 2008
    Eagan,MN

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by