Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Yep, it is too bad that some people make you leery of all people, but that's how it is.
I had a similar experience with someone from way up in the N E part of the U.P.
first we were to meet at the border. then it was moved north a bit. finally it was all the way up to where she lived.. I kind of know when I am being had.. LOL

I do not ship a puppy until I get the check cashed and money in hand. people are hesitant sometimes, but the bad ones make it bad for the good ones..

Cold beer tastes good when it is cold outside, too.. I would find it difficult to come back to the cold once I got to where it is warm..

Annie is taking me out for supper for her birthday.. how's that for a deal ??

.......jiminwisc....

Screenshot_20180216-111000.png

Chicks arrived today! I am at work so this is a screenshot of my chicken cam. Hehe.
I think the one on the left is the silver laced Wyandotte. The one on the right is one of the two extras they added to my order. Not sure on breed or anything. Anyone have any thoughts? Otherwise when I get home I'll take better pictures and ask on the identifying section. The rest are at the feeder off camera.
I ordered 5 and got 7.

Hi, I just moved to SE Wisconsin, and have a few acres with horses. I am planning on getting a few ducks in spring, and chicks are already ordered for July. My 7 year old nephew is visiting and loves animals, so baby chicks should be fun :)

This will be my first time owning chickens or ducks, and I am really looking forward to it.

Our first night here with the horses a pack of coyotes visited, and the neighbor let us know there is a fox who likes to den in the barn a few lots over. We do have a fence, 5 ft v-mesh/no climb, but no hot wire. I am a bit concerned about keeping the girls safe. Does anyone have experience with those motion lights or other suggestions?

Thank you :)

I have a couple of packs of coyotes around the area I live. On fall nights we can hear coyote yapping from at least three different directions. We have had coyotes in our hayfield hunting gophers and mice. My chickens are locked inside after sunset, and in a fenced run unless someone is home. I have found fox tracks walking up driveway between the garage and the barn ... my chickens ar on the far side of the barn from there. So far, knock on wood, I have not had a problem with predators. We have a 50 English setter and a 110 pound German Shepherd that are outside all day in a finced yard. They get to go "do chores" with me sometimes in the evening. I think it helps to have them marking territory around the buildings to keep the predators away.

My advice - buy one of Jim's puppies!!

@wyoDreamer your pup is gorgeous! I have 2 VERY inside dogs, they complain about having to potty outside in the snow :rolleyes: I have been casually looking for a LGD, does Jim have a litter? I've had a hard time finding pups raised with fowl.

Photos of Jim's puppies. I believe they are ready for new homes.

@jvls1942 Your pups are Maremma's, right?

Oh my! Those are the cutest little fluff balls! Jim I'd love to hear more about your pups :) Especially since I'm assuming they're raised around birds if you're on here. I've only found maremmas raised with goats so far. Since it will be my first LGD I thought it would be easier to get one raised with what I want it to guard.

And thank you @wyoDreamer! A LGD is obviously the perfect solution, effective and adorable ;)

Well, someone came today to get the bantams I had fo9ur sale. They left with the hens and not the rooster. I probably shouldn't have sold any because she was wanting to take like 4 roosters too. She already had 2 at home and no hens for them. I just couldn't imagine giving her more. It would have been irresponsible. So, tomorrow morning 4 will be shot. And I still have 4 to get rid of.

Hi all,
Yes, we have a litter ready for new homes right now. they are just over 8 weeks old.
all girls..we had 9, 2 boys and 7 girls.
they are going like hotcakes. we are down to
5 girls, two of those are spoken for,so actually we are down to just 3.

due to their age, they have not been around any livestock or chickens.
the parents have been around just about everything..

the pups are very easily trained to do what you want them to..

we have the whole gamut of preds here.
fox, coons, coyotes, wolves and even the bear from down by the river..
NOTHING comes onto our property without being announced or/and chased off.

besides being excellent watch dogs, they are loyal family members.
by treating them like pets, does not affect their ability to do their jobs..

our little girls are very socialized ..

I will PM you with my phone number .

.....jiminwisc.......

this is my newest favorite picture.
He is called Spot. just 7 months old.
this is his favorite place to lie down.
right next to the table, patiently waiting for any
tidbit offered.
he spends most of his time outside, but is
welcome in the house. very well behaved.
he is already as good a watch dog as his mother.. might even be better..
20180209_143444[1].jpg

Back
Top Bottom