Wisconsin "Cheeseheads"

Just a heads up that the Rare Breeds show is May 19 at Garfield Farm in Geneva Illinois. I'm sure they will have all 3 colors of javas available. Some year I would like to make the event and see all the rare breeds of pigs, etc..

bigz

Two days of non-stop rain here with temps in the 40's for daytime highs.....definitely in need of some sunshine here. The hens have been steady with their laying, so that's a good thing. My daughter just left with 5 dozen and tomorrow I'll take 3 dozen over to my good neighbor. That will still leave 2 for me. You will really enjoy all the fresh eggs in another 6 months bl4.
Looks like the lawn will need another haircut as soon as it ever dries up around here.

Stay Safe.... bigz

Almost too wet to till the garden, but it only needed the very top turned so that is done. 45 degrees with a light mist is NOT the right time to sit on a tractor and turn the compost pile for an hour, lol. Looks like memorial weekend is supposed to be nice here.

Annie switched days at work so we can go to the bash on Saturday..
I hope to see a lot of you there..
the weekend after Memorial weekend.
May 31 and June 1..Bring your white elephant item . we always have a great time
I have not done a thing towards the gardening yet. too cold and wet..
I am getting equipment tuned up and ready.. all I need is two dry days in a row to get the corn patch area tilled..
.....jiminwisc.....

Took down one of my Turkey tents today. The last season starts tomorrow and I'm not gonna play. I still have 2 more tents to take down in the near future...hard to believe it's been 5 weeks of turkey season already pass....where did the time go?
Good to hear you and Annie will be making the bash again Jim. It truly is a good time had by all.

bigz

today we bought pole bean seeds at F&F.
then at the local green house we bought
3 ROma, 3 Amish Paste and 2 Early Girl maters
going to pot all the tomatoes . raise them in the yard close to the house.. easier to water.
I don't think the ground is warm enough for corn, yet..
not planting anything else..
see you all at the bash .....

Well HI! I figured I oughta pop in before the bash weekend. I sure hope to see many and many of you there! I will go to the link so kindly posted by our fearless leader Brent and see what's up. It feels kinda good not to be in on all the planning...BUT, I'm thinking if anyone has any of the pictures from the earlier get togethers you should attempt to bring them along. It might be fun to look back....and our tenth anniversary is next year! (Gee, that means my Charlie has been gone 10 years already...that's how I found BYC)
Anyhow--looking forward to seeing all again! TerriO

(PS) Just looked at my signature line...yup, been a while since I have frequented this forum! LOL

We have planted the garden once so far and I am about to plant it again. Grrrr it got cold enough to kill the tomatoes & peppers I planted in south central WI. The weather news never called out frost & it was above 38 at night. Our friends by the lake are fine.

Grumble....grumble....oh well these are the reasons I always start more then I need. First time in 10 yrs I got killed for early planting. This was also the year I questioned if I really needed the "extra" plants...answer-yep!

Wish we could go to the bash, sounds like a good time. We love to camp and hang out; maybe next year. Would love to meet other local crazy chicken folks.

Back
Top Bottom